Awesome interview with award-winning author and book marketing coach Alinka Rutkowska!
Today I am so honored to interview Alinka Rutkowska, award-winning author of multiple children’s books. Alinka is a writer, mother, wife and professional book marketing coach!
- Alinka, could you please tell about yourself? Where you grew up, your roots, the places you lived, your family and your current place of living?
- I grew up partly in Poland and partly in the USA – in Oklahoma exactly! My parents say it was a little bit boring there but I don’t get it – I had a blast in kindergarten and in primary school! I studied and worked in the corporate world all over Europe, Milan and Paris being some of the magnificent cities I lived in. I did learn to drive in the French capital, which is not an easy task, but I never learnt the language of love as well as I learnt Italian. After a couple of years of a fast paced corporate career I decided to take a year off and flew to New Zealand to take a cruise. There was a very handsome sailor on board who would send chocolate-coated strawberries to my cabin every day, so I married him. Now we live in a beautiful village by the sea in North-west Italy, and our two-year old is having a blast!
- How can you describe yourself? What kind of person are you?
- I’m a very dynamic person. I like to act fast. When I set my mind on something I go and get it. I used to set goals and take action to achieve them and I almost always did. Now I am more relaxed about it all. I make sure that I’m enjoying what I’m doing and my actions are inspired rather than motivated. I’m a happy person but it took me years to learn to be this way. It’s all a matter of thinking. If you just keep thinking better-feeling thoughts, you get to a place in which you feel really good most of the time. And then those things that I used to struggle for flow easily into my life.
- You are an author of many wonderful children’s books. Could you please tell from where comes your inspiration for writing books for children?
- Thank you, Leyla. My “Maya & Filippo” Series was inspired by both my cruising (I married a seaman so there are perks!) and my life philosophy. The books show children various places around the world and introduce them to a positive life philosophy. There a let of facts, a positive message slipped in and a quiz at the end – all of which make my readers write exceptional reviews 🙂 Come over to my website at http://alinkarutkowska.com and I’ll give you one of my books for free 🙂
- It was amazing. I’ve won other awards and attended other author events but the Readers Favorite Award Ceremony in Miami was magical. I met some amazing, talented authors, I made invaluable connections and I had the most wonderful time! I hope to win again next year to be able to come and repeat this marvelous experience.
- Do you have any other activity associated with book business?
- I coach other authors on how to achieve the success they desire. I offer trainings and coaching on a variety of topics. Why don’t you come over to my hub for authors at http://alinkarutkowska.com/authors-home/ and I’ll get you started with a free e-book “200 BOOK MARKETING TIPS”.
- I’m about to launch a completely new children’s book series and I cannot contain my excitement! I can’t wait to see the book on paper, to leaf through the pages, to smell it (yeah, I do it) and to shout out from rooftops about it! I have several other projects going on that I hope will benefit and excite both my readers and my fellow authors. Connect with me at http://alinkarutkowska.com to stay in the loop 🙂
- What are your hobbies?
I love skiing, traveling, cruising, body-pump, body-combat, romantic comedies and going to the beach for no longer than an hour close to sunset. I really enjoy good wine (it has to be good) and dark chocolate. Does it count as a hobby?
Thank you for the great interview, Alinka! Readers can find out more about Alinka Rutkowska and her books at her website: http://alinkarutkowska.com
Pingback: Interviewed by Award-winning Author Leyla Atke